History of Scarborough Yacht Club

The newly formed Scarborough Sailing Club held their 1st meeting at their headquarters in the Three Mariners Inn in Quay Street on May 23rd 1895.

In 1904 they decided better accommodation was needed so in January 1905 they moved to a new floating club house moored in the harbour.

Again due to the increase in membership, a new home was found in 1925 within the Watch Tower/Toll house where they stayed until 1952.

On January 12th 1952 it was decided a change of name would be beneficial so Scarborough Yacht Club was born and this coincided with the move into the Lighthouse where the Club still resides.